Saturday 24 May 2008

Day 18 - Roma!

I started my day early... I know, shocking...! 
Anyways, I left the house before Alex was even up and went to Trastevere to buy coconut milk for the dinner party tonight and the city centre after.
The strawberries look so g0o0od I just can't resist! So I bought 1 kg of strawberries - 2 Euros and a bar of white chocolate... for lunch.... it was realllly good but I gotta admit I felt a little sick after.  LOL


Anyways, from Trastevere,
 I hopped on a bus to go to Roma Termini (Main station) but on the way there, I saw the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.


...where I met...


We spent 15 minutes 
trying to "make small talk" with my horrible Italian... and he doesn't speak English at all, of course...
Oh well, man in uniform.... aaAAaaAahHhhh.... ;P

Next, I took a bus to San Pietro. Oh by the way, if you happen to be in Rome, don't waste your money on maps and guide books... not that you won't use it, but everybody else has them!!! And they usually don't come to Rome unprepared (like myself) most people have a pretty good idea on what they want to see and where they want to go first. 

As for me, I just kinda go with the flow... which was great!!!! So, the lines were extremely long to get into the Vatican Museum, I hung around ...  but not too long.

The Pantheon's next - it's pretty cool because as I walked in, everything I read about it in The Da Vincci Code (Dan Brown) comes to mind. I wouldn't know a thing about Rome if not for Dan Brown, lol... not that I know a lot now. But I gotta say the "Demon's hole" is pretty sweet. 


Then, I went to Piazza Navona, which wasn't all that great. I tried to find my way to the Jewish Ghetto but couldn't find it. =(
I decided that it's time to head home and rest, prepare for tonight's dinner party.

This is only a quarter of meat we had for the night. - Yumm.. fresh T-bone steak!!

Pasta with fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, eggplants, chili, basilThey like it bloody and rare... just add salt and pepper! It was S0o0o0 Delicious!!!

No comments: