Friday 30 May 2008

Day 25 (Friday, May 30) - Back in Athina

I got of the ferry at 1 a.m. this morning. I had no choice but to take a taxi back to Ubava's apartment because the subways stop operating at midnight. Anyways, it costs me 30 Euros!!! What a killer... I had no choice.. =(

I got back to her apartment and she was wide awake! I took a long, warm shower... felt amazing! Then, I got on my MacBook and kinda just tool around with it... then, the bell rang. Both her friends, Jon (Yannis) and Vasilis came over... and hung out... and at 5 a.m., Vasilis and I were starving. so we went to this place near the police headquarters which opens 24/7 oh yeah! and had Fileto me manitaria (Fillet with mushrooms - with fries and cheese!!! )


It was amazing! so good... I truly am in love with Greek food! Uba was falling asleep at 6 a.m. - her friends left... I decided it's time to go to bed - even though I wasn't tired or sleepy at all! surprisingly...

I woke up at about 10 a.m. just minutes before her friend, Dimitris came over to get his applications for University in Finland done. He got me a Frappe to start off my day too!!! 


I am really spoilt. I love how Uba's friends are embracing this whole couchsurfing idea and even though they don't host, they take on the role, to make Uba's guests as comfortable as possible.

No comments: