Thursday 29 May 2008

Day 22 - Tuesday - Delphi

I woke up early today - surprisingly, enough time to take a shower and ever leave early! I got to the bus station at 10 and the bus doesn't leave until 10.30 a.m.

I met a couple for Florida on the way there. I told them all about my trip and how my parents didn't know about it until I got to London. They liked my story and were very excited for me and wished me luck for the rest of my trip.

It was a 3-hour ride to Delphi. We got there at 1.30 p.m. and by the time I walked to the ruins, it was 2.15. They close at 2.45!!!! Yikes! I managed to see most of it - except for where the oracle used to be. =(

Here's more information about Delphi from Wikipedia =)
"Delphi was the site of the Delphic oracle, most important oracle in the classical Greek world, and it was a major site for the worship of the god Apollo.
Delphi was revered throughout the Greek world as the site of the omphalos stone, the centre of the earth and the universe."

I got back to Athens at about 8 p.m., caught up with Ubava and Adam for a little bit. I found out that Adam didn't even go out for the whole day! He has been uploading pictures on Facebook... all day!!! lol...

Then, I rushed out to the port... I was late... shocker! So I took the taxi to the port which cost me 12 Euros. Then, from where the taxi dropped me off, I had to walk for another 20 minutes with my bags!!! Arghh!!! I seriously thought I was about to die.. 

Then I saw the ferry... and it was moving!!! I tried running towards it but I seriously can't because of all my bags! People on the ferry were cheering me on and helping me with my bags.. I think they were yelling "hurry - jump!" in Greek... but I guess I'll never know exactly.

Dang, I wish I spoke Greek. Anyways, I honestly thought I would have fallen into the gap between the ferry and the port.But, I was safely on board and reached Paros Island at 5.30 in the morning.

No comments: