Saturday 10 May 2008

Day 4 - Switzerland

You know what's really cool? 

My blogspot.com's option (i.e. sign in/ register) changes in every country I go to according to its language! Pretty cool.

Anyways, I got up 10 minutes before 11 a.m. which is way later than I expected. I slept at 3 a.m. the night before by the way. Justin has already left to work. So, I kind off rushed and left the house at 11:30 a.m. and kind of found the way to the train station. (Justin actually wrote the directions down, but as usual, I left it in the apartment)

I walked along the river, which was really nice, it was warm out and there were a lot of people swimming and sun tanning by the river. I got to the train station and tried to make reservations to Madrid for the next day. Unfortunately, everything was full because it was a holiday weekend all over Europe, I think. So, I decided to skip Madrid and head straight to Barcelona.

So, I'll leave Bern, Switzerland on Monday at about  9 p.m. and arrive in Barcelona and meet Francesc Dalmau sometime in the morning.

Now, what I did today, Friday, May 09, 2008.

I met up with Justin in the train, which was kinda crazy because I nearly missed it and there were so many sections that it was kind of impossible to find each other. But I bumped into him within the first minute I got on, which was pretty coincidental.

The train ride was about 3 hours to Interlaken. I didn't get to do anything crazy, but I might do it tomorrow. (i.e. paragliding, canyoning - not sky-diving because it cost about USD 300) We walked around Bern, which was really nice but small. Then we decided to take to train to Lausaunne. I took us about 2 hours. We got there, walked around, got a Sangria for 5 CHF and a beer. It's nice because the weather was perfect, not too warm, not too chilly. And even till 9 p.m. it was bright out. 

We took the train back to Bern, which is about an hour or so and went to this "sketchy" area, which wasn't really. But the beer was cheap = 6 CHF for a big bottle. The was music playing out and I guess the people there are kinda punk rockish. Once we got there someone asked us if we wanted weed. I didn't understand it at first because he spoke in German, but he said "grass" which was pretty universal, I think.

We walked back to his apartment at about midnight, with the bottle of beer in our hand and talked about things. Guess what? Kevin Sites is kind off like his personal hero too!!! Which I thought is kinda cool.

Back to uploading pictures and videos!!

Surcharge for the train ticket to Barcelona 74 CHF
International stamps 5.40 CHF
3 Postcards 1.20 CHF
Lunch 8.50 CHF
Sangria 10 CHF (Justin + myself)
Cup of Beer ?? (paid by Justin)
Tram in Lausaunne 2.60 CHF
Bottle of Beer 6 CHF

1 CHF = 0.96 USD = 3.06 MYR

No comments: