Thursday 12 June 2008

Day 36 - Edinburgh

The image below is taken from outside of St Giles Church on the Royal Mile. This is the only location where you can officially spit without getting arrested. (yeah -- ewww!)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Although I went to bed early last night, I didn't get up too early today. It was good... At 11, I went over the the cafe across the street to use the internet... I was there for over an hour.. next I head to the Royal Mile which wasn't too far away and went all the way up to the Edinburgh Castle. It costs 12 Pounds!!! The most I've paid for any tourist attraction! But it was definitely worth it. It's a cool castle with tons of really good exhibitions... and the view of the city from the castle was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Then I just kinda walk my way down the royal mile - where I met the lady with the most piercings in the world! 

I saw her on TV before I swear! I managed to get an interview with her which was really cool! I had to tip her though... oh well... Then, I was at the National Museum.. which was ginormous!! but I was only there for about 15 minutes and they were closing at 5 p.m. =(

I stopped by Tesco to get the ingredients for the feast I'm about to prepare tomorrow. I was carded when I tried to buy wine and the lady wouldn't take my International Student ID card!!! She said only passports are acceptable! I was outrageous!!!

Anyways for dinner, Jenny cooked Linguini with a special kinda sauce... it has tomatoes in it... and stuff... it was realllly good! 
Jenny's such an amazing cook! After that, we head out to a cool bar and had a pint of Guinness... ahhhh!

No comments: