Saturday 14 June 2008

Dublin

Dublin is cold.

For some reason, I'm not enjoying the city all that much. I don't feel as adventurous as before. Perhaps because it's freezing out, or, everything is so expensive here, or, I'm starting to stress about going back to Toledo.

=(

Oh, and on Thursday night, I arrived at Ian's (my couchsurfing host) house at 9 p.m., we chatted with his housemates, kinda hung around for a lil bit - then headed out to a bar - Hogan's to meet the other couchsurfers. It was international couchsurfing day! Yeay - I think it was the 5th anniversary of CS or something. Anyways - there was about 50 of us... pretty awesome - but I only got to meet a couple of them. Towards the end of the night, we randomly met Jada, from Colorado and she wasn't even a couchsurfer! She just randomly sat where we were.. she was really fun! We had Irish car bombs - it was her first! Later that night, Brian, another couchsurfer came over at about midnight. I sent him a request to surf on his couch but that didn't work out - it was cool that we came out though.

At 1.30 a.m., the bar was about to close! Arghh! Irish bars are dumb! Apparently they wanna change the closing time even earlier! I was outrageous! Thank God I don't live in Ireland!

No comments: